News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Abbotsford Cycles Market

Bike Market At Abbotsford Cycles today

Free Stuff!

The market.  I didn't wait for the train to go past.  It was just there.

Ross Harrup Checks my bike






Book 1 from free stuff, formicone manual

Book 2 from free stuff, Raleigh "A Shortened Illustrated History of the Bicycle"

Book 3 from free stuff, "How to be a good bike rider and a safe one!"



Formicone Detail 1

Formicone 2

Formicone 3



Images 1 from "How to....."

Images 2

Images 3

Images 4

Images 5
Hi

I spent some of today reassembling and storing trikes, but managed to find an hour or so late in the morning to slip down to Abbotsford Cycles where a bike market was taking place.  And it was a good move.  I bought a t-shirt and  spoke to a few people I knew.  The market was ending and a few stallholders were giving away stuff they didn't want to take home with them, and I grabbed a few books and pamphlets.  A pair of wide handlebars I had wanted had gone from the stall they were on and I panicked a bit but they had wound up on the free stuff pile.    Over the next few weeks I hope to be building a new trike, and I plan to blog about all of it. The handlebars should work well on the trike. Woohoo!

One of the pamphlets is a 70 page Formicone bike manual.  The formicone is an Italian modular bike and has various strange tech like extendable forks built into it. At one stage I owned a Formicone Tandem and wrote a web page about it, so was quite pleased to get this.


Another item is a bike safety pamphlet, printed entirely in red and yellow ink.  I am sure Scott Adams who writes the Dilbert comics got a good long look at these characters before he started his career.  The last pamphlet is a Raleigh short History of the bicycle.

Anyway, it was a nice outing and I was glad to catch up with Ross, Adrian and John Harland.

Till next time

Steve Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment