News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Fixing 50 bikes, 21, 22 and 23, Reids

 

At Wecycle on a Reid, #21, Photo Simon Batterbury

Next Photos all from 23, Chain soaking in vinegar

Extra- manky carrier basket. Cracked plastic over rusting steel  = carrier cancer.

Heavy, rusty and bent parts from 23 are now in metal recycling

#23, a lot like #'s 21 and 22.

Hi

Last Saturday, I fixed up 2 Reid bikes at Wecycle, a Beige step through and a Lilac step through. There was actually very little to fix up, just a bit of dusting and pumping up the tyres. The front tyre on the beige bike was a bit reluctant to seat properly, otherwise no problems. Both bikes were sold later in the day, the beige for $100 and the lilac for $90.

Then on Sunday on the way home from the grog shop I found another beige Reid which I have started fixing. Chainring and guard bashed in as shown above, and I removed the can-carry-stuff-but-crap-looking rear basket. I think the bottom bracket bearing is stuffed, but I won't know for sure till I remove and examine it. Will report more later.

Steve Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment