News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Fixing bike 42, Kerrie's Reid

 

As traded, back tyre was flat

Saddle - dried out plastic needs a drink.

Hi

Unlike some of the bikes I've been working on, this one is a quick turnaround. When I was shopping on a recumbent a few days ago, I spotted this bike near the station, not locked up and looking abandoned, with a flat back tyre and grass in the hubs. A few hours later I wandered down to the station, it was still there, and I dragged it back home.

This morning our helper Kerrie came round, and I asked her if she wanted a bike, and she selected the Reid from the showroom / bike hospital area. Another one of this type has been waiting around at
Wecycle and not moving, so I had no problem passing it on.

So I've been on to it today, replacing the back tube and tidying her up a bit. The saddle has had one dose of olive oil with one or more to go. (Dec 10 2021, Kerrie picked it up today, she is very happy, see below)



No comments:

Post a Comment