News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Unique Bike Repair

Printing on the Predator 3d delta printer.

Screenshot of Cura, a software for sending stl files to 3d printers

Old (orange / grey) and new (white) spacers for trike during installation. The bolts with round heads are this sort of thing which came from a table on hard rubbish,

The whole back trike half

All together, and squeaks a bit less.  The parts have been in the frame since 2018 when I blogged about them.
Hi

For the weeks, I have been riding my trike a lot in hills as training, including a 200k Audax ride. The bottom bracket area has been squeaking and also waggling, and I diagnosed worn plastic spacers in the frame.  No problem, I printed some more and put them in the bike today.  I plan to put the whole trike design on thingiverse in stages, and will start have started with the set of 4 printed spacers.

So now no waggling, but still a bit creaky, I will tighten things up a bit and see if I can get a better result. Next post follows here .

Regards

Steve Nurse

Update, March 4, 2020



I did a bit more work on the trike this morning, and managed to remove a bit of creaking. I tightened the bottom bracket shell and put rubber washers under the bolts holding the frame together. And its a bit better! Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment