News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Saturday, March 16, 2019

New trike project

Fibreglass seat and 3d printed parts from Emona

Disused Trike

New Mambo stunt scooter to turn into a steerer as per my previous entry.

The weigh-in: new steerer is.....

about half a kg heavier than the previous model but I am not too concerned by this.
Hi

For a while, I have been working on a new bike project and in the last few days it has started to come together.  Last Monday was a public holiday and I cruised in to the city and bought a Mambo scooter from Big-W.  A few weeks ago, I'd altered a scooter to use on my bike and it worked quite well, so have some confidence in being able to work with a new part.  Weight of the parts is a bit of an issue but the scooter parts are upgradeable with options in decreasing order of weight going from steel to aluminium to (woohoo) titanium.

Anyway, I am hopeful of reasonably quick progress on this, will keep you posted. 

Regards

Steve Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment