News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Sunday, January 16, 2022

Tilting trike frame

Bike frame has white parts and

new frame has red parts. I printed the brown part fresh.

Raw drilled hole for rear trike axle and holesaw.

Trike without seat

First trip, to a local takeaway for

Takeaway Thai food

 

Hi

As I posted last time, I planned to make a convertible section for the bike I had made earlier to convert it to a trike. So I have done this now, and the pics show details. It has only taken a few days, and today I rode the trike for the first time. It goes well but is possibly not as fast as the bike I made earlier. 

Steps to make the trike were: 

Remove seat and rear aluminium frame from bike. The steel rear wheelframe from the bike was broken but everything else is ok.

Gather parts. I had just about everything but printed one spacer. Complete plans for the trike are here on thingiverse, including the spacer.  

Cut aluminium frame, this was just 2 cuts, one at 45 degrees, the other square.

Fit printed parts at front. These hold the 2 front frame sections apart.

Holesaw holes for rear axle

Fit rear axle parts. This includes crush bars to stop the centre of the frame from distorting. 

Add wheels, attach seat . Go!

At the moment I'm not sure about the seat mounts, so I may work on that or swap the seat out. Soon I will repair the steel bike frame, and that is already in progress.

Regards

Steve Nurse


No comments:

Post a Comment