News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Thursday, April 8, 2021

Fixing 50 bikes, bikes 9 and 10

 

Repco Sumo 29, it is advertised for $159 here . I found the one I fixed for Wecycle had worn tyres, worn brake pads, loose bottom bracket, and a cracked brake lever.


The Sumo's rear wheel had a broken spoke, which I couldn't fix at home. This is bringing the wheel to the Wecycle bike shed where I managed to fix it. Some of the tyres in the tailbox were recently sourced from the Yarra tyre recycling centre listed here .

Tyres used to repair Sumo, they were ....

free, left outside a local bike shop. they were tubeless but I did surgery on them and removed the valves, the fitted tubes inside.

Raleigh Pioneer


Hi, 

I fixed a couple of bikes as shown above, and delivered one, the Repco Sumo to the Wecycle shed today.  I used a few found parts including a bottom bracket shell from Wecycle, found tyres, and brake pads and levers from the shed.  The bike is a cheap current model, and components seemed cheap too, the seat uncomfortable, the front suspension not working, and the pressed steel vee brakes wobbly.

A contrast was the Raleigh Pioneer, a bit old but with good bones. I swapped out its tyres on Saturday, and now its only a clean, chain and lube away from being on the road again. And maybe a handlebar grip or two. So I won't be in this Saturday to finish it off and maybe it will be gone soon but I managed a picture of it anyway.

Regards

Steve Nurse


Steve Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment