News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Sunday, October 14, 2018

Convent fete 2018










Hi

Yesterday I woke up and remembered that it was the day of the fete at The Missionary Sisters of St. Peter Claver in Cotham Road.  I ride past their building going to my mum and Dad's place, and had noted the date from the big billboard out the front. When my leaning trike design was brand new 5 years ago I had picked up a great vintage sewing machine there.  So I rang mum and Dad, arranged to visit them at 11 O'clock, and rode over. On the way over I saw: yes, the fete was in full swing, and there was a garage sale just down the road from there.

I visited Mum and Dad (we had been to a funeral in Hamilton a few days before and caught up with some relatives there, so there was a bit to discuss) and help mum with a job in the garage, rescuing a Globite case in the process.  On the way home I stopped at both the garage sale (not much good) and the fete.  The not-quite-so-good-crockery store was a ripper and were selling a small box of items for $5.00. At first I didn't think I needed a boz as I only wanted one or 2 things, but there was enough good stuff there that I opted for the box.

I had to rearrange my tailbox for the trip home and put most of the crockery in the Globite case to make it all fit which resulted in 1 breakage by the time I got home. But my wife Christine was generally delighted. Will add a bit more later.....


Regards

Steve Nurse  

No comments:

Post a Comment