News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Friday, February 9, 2018

T-Shirt Bike

Selfie next to a gardeners shed in a park near my home.
Raw material, a couple of old t-shirts.  Decided not to use the yellow "Howard Hughes" shirt but instead went with 2 black "PBSFM" shirts.  One had holes in it, the other I retrieved from the pile ready to go to the op shop.

Halfway through cutting, the tshirt is behind the panel it will eventually cover.  The tshirt logo needs to sit in the right spot and the cloth needs to cover the panel.

Probably the best clips to use, but I......
Ran out and used some pink ones of these for one side.
Left hand Side.

Obverse.
Hi

In a few posts, I have shown my leaning trike with cloth panels on it but my choice of cloth has been a bit arbitrary.  For a long time now I have thought about putting something that reflects my character on them and over the last few days I actually did something about it.  I have 3 PBSFM t-shirts and that is a few too many, and the oldest one was full of holes anyway.  So I had decided one was for the rag bag and another for the op shop pile.  But then I got off my hind quarters and made my long-thought about t-shirt bike.  It just needed the old t-shirts fairly roughly cut and held to existing corflute side panels with stationary clips. So I still have a few bike t-shirts of which a great many exist in the world and now also a t-shirt leaning trike of which completely bugger all exist in the world.

It might make the bike look better but it does nothing else for it but make it a bit heavier. But that's what being fashionable is like, you have to suffer for your art...

And by the way I can still wear my other, other, mostly black PBSFM t-shirt while riding this latest creation.  Woohoo!

See you out there

Steve Nurse
 

No comments:

Post a Comment