| Ta Da! The results. |
| Ace photographer Marlene |
| Ben and Bec from Trisled got the VIP treatment, Ben got to ride on the Safety Car and Bec did some of the presentations. |
After writing up the previous day's blog, I headed out to the site of the Coleraine Pedalcars event by bike, looked around a bit, then walked back to the hotel and came back with my car, folding table, bike parts, flyers and gazebo. It had been wet and windy, and was still windy, and the first half hour of setup was rescuing gazebos which had blown away in the wind. It was a good way to get to know my neighbours. Fortunately the Wecycle Gazebo is a solid old girl and I was able to peg it down, and put it up with a bit of help and no dramas.
Unfortunately about this time, I realised I'd lost my phone, so that distracted me somewhat for the rest of the day! It didn't turn up and I ended up replacing it the next day. We are very welded to our devices! That aside, the day went well. Gradually teams of riders and families started setting up tents and Pedalcars along McConachie Street, and soon the place was buzzing. I'd met Pedalcar organisers Chris and Clare Durst, and Trisled's Ben and Bec arrived, followed by my cousin Michael and his wife Rosemary, so I knew a few people there. I'd met ace photographer Marlene the day before as well.
With a camera as well as a phone I could keep on taking photos which was great. There were plenty of lively teams with Pedalcars varying from (Trisled) factory made to high end local factory made to shed made, and cute vintage. I was glad to have taken a photo of the results board, with that I could look at the car numbers in the photos and start to make sense of it all.
Late in the day when I was packing up, Jesse from team 23, (Odd Ball) tried out my bike and was quite impressed. It was a good day out. Coleraine is a small town and I saw half the people in town I'd met at the pub that night, they were there for the post race Pedalcar committee dinner.
| Jesse, successful test ride. |
No comments:
Post a Comment