News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Friday, September 18, 2026

Victoria Bike Upgrade

Stopped work on this in 2019

Fork and front frame done, original paint on rear frame
The bent bolt in this pic had to be hacksawed so I could remove it to allow powder coating


 
Quite a lot of complicated sticky-outy bits needing paint removed using gunky, gooey paint stripper.


Hi

I'm pleased to announce that I'm cooperating on a bike project with Ben from Omnium Bikes. We are combining to make a raffle prize for the 2026 OzHPV Challenge (in Coleraine, Western Vic, October 31 to Nov 2, Cup day weekend)  where Omnium is sponsoring the Hill climb race.

The bike will be an updated (painted and better load carrying) version of the Mule train bike I described here back in 2019. I am doing the paint stripping (some of the grunt work on the rear frame is shown above) and load carrying updates, while Ben is arranging powder coating. Looking forward to the final results, this bike has never actually been finished off properly. It has a 2 speed kickback hub and back pedal brake, and separates into 2 parts so it's easy to transport.

Regards Steve Nurse




Update Sep 29

I put quite a bit of effort into derusting the rear rack including dumping 4 litres of vinegar into the kitchen sink, topping it up, and then soaking most of the rack in it. Also, Ben came round and picked up the frame parts for powdercoating & we rode together up to Northcote Plaza. Carrying the frame parts was a snack for his Omnium single speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment