News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Sunday, September 1, 2019

Cad Pictures from John Bird

John's pdf and drawings draw on ...

photos he took of my trike in Coburg.














Current fairing trike is discussed in this post.
Current Electric trike is discussed in this post.

Hi

If you haven't noticed already, I have some slightly unusual bikes, and when I'm out and about shopping don't mind talking about them and will often hand out a business card so anyone who wants to can follow up by looking up my website and blog and instagram.

About a month ago outside Aldi in Coburg I spoke to John Bird, who is an engineer who uses electric cars to teach driving through his business Ezeedrive. John is also associated with the Aurora Solar Car Team.   I didn't  think too much of it at the time, but within a few weeks he had come back to me with a pdf of several possibilities for my bike including a series hybrid electric drive, carbon tailbox, integrated lights, fairing and solar panel. Several of his pictures and snips from the pdf are shown above.

So, I was able to write back that I was already across a lot of the topics mentioned in his pdf.  My ATRF article from last year was about series hybrids, and the preprint for this year's conference article discusses fairings and solar panels on bikes and velomobiles.  Anyway, although I use cad to make trikes, my presentation cad ability is not that great, and I was very glad that John lent his considerable skills to showing some possibilities for my trike design.

For some further background on the preprint, see this post in my design blog.

Regards

Best Wishes

Steve Nurse

Stop Press: John has visited a couple of times, and tried out my trikes in including the electric trike.  Here he is about to launch.
John Bird, trike testing and learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment