News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fixing The Old Bike

Fixing the Old bike in the Back Yard
During the entire time I was making my new bike I did b*gger all to maintain my old bike and it's stayed round the side of the house rather neglected.  Yesterday I took my new bike down to a local bike shop to get painted and my old bike became my set of wheels once more.  A 15k or so fairly local ride helped me sort out what needs doing on the bike :
* Fix Bottom bracket bearing
* Replace cranks 
* Fix wonky seat.
* Try to fit a top derailleur
* Replace Chain
* Replace Corflute.
* Replace back tyre
* Remove tired looking reear wheel cover.
Anyway (very sad I know) today I had some fun replacing the bottom bracket bearings with one of those sealed unit things cannabalised from a slightly knackered  / frame bent 1980's road bike.

Till next time, Regards, Steve Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment