News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Painted! Named! Eastlink!

Part of the painted Bike with "Monarch" sticker (Bike painted through Bikes De Ver)

















At Richmond Station: Hmmm!  Hmmm.  Hmmm?













            
A flag was compulsory for recumbents on the Eastlink Ride, this is the flag I made. 
One of the fast-finishing recumbent riders from Phantom HPV




























Hi 

In contrast with the last post's not very exciting pictures, I have been out and around today at the 37k ride on the Eastlink tollway.  The whole tollway was closed, it is 3 lanes wide, so the ride is on as smooth as fast a surface as you could wish for.

There were 3 distances for the ride, 75, 37 & 15k, and I was on the 37k ride mainly because I had agreed to be part of the "Cruzbike Team".  As it turned out I saw Kim Tolhurst and a few of the other Cruzbike riders as we got off the train near the ride but lost track of them soon after.  

At the start of the ride I took a few photos before heading off into the crush of people at the start.  After a little wait, we were away, the bike going very well throughout the ride.  Only a few people were passing me but there weren't many "serious" riders on the 37k ride.  My overall time was 1 hour 10 minutes for the distance, about 32kph average.

Ok, till next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment