News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Friday, July 24, 2026

Some towing

 




Hi

The bike shed I volunteer at was due to have a cleanup and I managed to get in early with an improvement to one corner of the room. There is a corner where the brake and gear cables are kept, and often stuff would just be chucked up on top of the boxes and it would be a real mess. I'd been working on furniture at home and had some spare timber so I knocked together a cabinet for the shed. To bring it to the shed I dug out and repaired (fixed flat tyre and made new hitch) the bike trailer I have. This got me reacquainted with the trailer - eventually I will put a better hitch on the load carrying version of my new bike.   

The load carrying itself went well but I celebrated too early! At the intersection near the shed I undid my helmet strap where the shed key was secured, and was then mystified when I got to the shed that I didn't have the key. A bit of a think, a backtrack and a wander into the middle of the intersection / bike path at the right cycle of the lights and (whew!) I had the key again. The keyring was a  bit crushed  but the key was ok (also whew).

Anyway, I got the cabinet fitted ok, and the next weekend (actual cleanup day) I removed all the crap hanging from the windows. So the after picture is even more improved.

Regards Steve Nurse 

The cabinet

Before

After

 

No comments:

Post a Comment