News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Monday, August 24, 2020

Jamis Crate Bike













Hi, a week ago I picked up a damaged Jamis bike. I thought our friend Zoe might like it and checked with her before I picked it up. Yep, she wanted it.  The derailleur was broken, the chain was twisted and it just needed a bit of love.  It has frame bosses and a rear rack but that is still not enough to actually carry anything. Anyway along with the other fixing, I added a milk crate.

The pics above show the details. As per my other load carrying efforts, the crate isn't cable tied to the rack, its got a custom made adapter. I've made a sort of minimal viable product here, only clipping in to one part of the rack and needing an ocky strap for extra security.

Regards

Steve Nurse

Zoe very happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment