News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Dead Peugeot Society

Checking out the frame of Yarraville Orange.

Ouch! The back's bent a bit and the pedal bangs into it.

Yarraville White

Gearchange, derailleur, chain. Donated from the dead Yarraville orange, and should turn Box Hill Purple which I intend to keep from a single speed into a 5 speed. Woohoo.
Hi

Over the last few days, I've varnished a few of the wooden crate adapters I made and also started work on the Yarraville Peugeot NS22 bikes I mentioned first in this post. Because it is the better-looking frame, my first thought was to fix the orange frame as a standard folding bike.

But there was a problem as the back of the frame was bent.  This came as something of a relief, as it relieves me of having to find extra parts to fix both bikes. So the white bike will be fixed, and I can make very good use of the orange frame as a donor vehicle for other projects. Firstly I can put gears on Box Hill Purple, and later I might turn the orange bike into a front wheel drive recumbent.

Regards

Steve Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment