News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Sunday, September 2, 2018

Velocino Continued

Almost finished, this is with the handlebars folded.

First Mission included retrieving a teapot from a junk pile


Overloaded Recumbent

Cleaning up the drill press

Ceres metal, .....

bike tube and bike tyre recycling. Woohoo!
Hi, in the last few days I have fixed up the Velocino and had it on the road for a short test run this afternoon.  This included custom 3d printing a light enclosure and using it to plug the front frame tube. It goes quite well, and I think the above seat steering does a good job, allowing me to lean forward on the handlebars for improved aerodynamics, but its not quite classic Velocino . There is still quite a bit I can do with this bike which is quite fun to ride.  I should be able to make a wooden chainguard and have been working out how to make that in my head.

In other news I visited the Ceres bike shed where they have recycling facilities for bike tyres, and donated a drill press I had bought in Germany in about 1987 to the Wecycle bike shed.  I initially attempted to haul the drill to Wecycle by trike but I only lasted 2 streets before having to return home tail between my legs having broken the tailbox with all the weight.  No permanent damage done I hope.

Regards  Steve Nurse 

No comments:

Post a Comment