News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Saturday, September 30, 2017

Behind the Photo

Oh No!
Be careful if you want to try this.
Repaired,  from outside.
Repaired,  from inside.
Hi

Well a funny thing happened.  I was writing an article for the ozhpv magazine, Huff, about the Radbot 1000 taillights so went out to take a photo of them on the bike (top).  And as I was getting the photo ready for the mag, I actually looked at the photo, and saw there was a crack in the back of the wooden tailbox.  Scurrying out the front, I looked at the tailbox, and yes, there was a crack. 

Now I knew what the problem was.  For a couple of weeks there have been some bikes and bike frames left out for council collection, and I have snaffled them for personal use as shown in photo 2.  When I was taking a damaged Repco frame-and-bits home on my bike, the snaffled frame banged  into a tree. So (slightly) broken tailbox.

Fixing the break wasn't too hard.  I'd made the tailbox in the first place and used araldite in the process, so it was no big deal to glue, then clamp the broken bits together, then find, then cut, then glue, then screw, then clamp a bit of wood to the top of the box as reinforcement.  All good now.

Regards

Steve Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment