News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Monday, August 28, 2017

A seat for the fast trike

Lines drawn on the plywood were to ensure the drilling was in the right place.

This jigging was used to hold the timber on the seat while the glue was drying, and

these 2 F-clamps screwed to a piece of wood to make the jigging more stable.

Glueing 3mm strips of ply together

Piece of frame material used to mount seat on workbench

Mock up of seat on trike
Hi

Over the last few days, I have been making a seat for my new fast trike and I'm almost finished.  I haven't really worked out the steering arrangement yet, but I want to get a low, aerodynamic seat in place before the steering is set up.

So this shows the seat setup, I am using plywood to mount a Performer seat I bought from Alex McNee which had been gathering dust in the shed.  It took me 2 goes to get the first 4 strips of ply glued together, but after that its been pretty smooth sailing.  In about 2 days, the seat will be done and I can move on to steerer, brakes, gear lever etc. etc.

Its been good having a speedo on my everyday trike.  I can only get anywhere near 40 kph on it by going down big hills, and there will be a lot of work to be done on this new trike if I'm to get up to decent  speeds.

Regards

Steve Nurse

No comments:

Post a Comment