News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Saturday, April 22, 2017

Timber Leaning Trike Part 5

Tapping chainring bolts with a 3/16" tap ......

So it can carry an extra "trouser guard"

Screwing the lower part of the frame to the front end

All the front plates in place

Record Store Day poster outside Basement Discs

Parking right out the front!

"Thin White Ukes" playing inside, I stayed for 3 or 4 songs.
My wife Christine at home, checking out my op shop purchases

Tailbox demounted so....

I could do this repair, securing the 2 sides of the bottom part together.

 Hi, here are a few photos of bike building and excursions from the last few days.  I spent some time working on the chainring for the bike which will be a 38 tooth Biopace.  It needs 2 chainguards to work on my bike, and I made one by cropping the teeth off a larger chainring.  The second is timber and today I tapped the chainring bolts to accommodate screws to hold the timber guard.

In the middle of the day I got out, visited Basement discs in the city on World Record Store Day wher the big attraction was a free Billy Bragg performance.  It was crowded and by the time I left they were full up, only letting one person in for each one going out.  Good on 'em!

On the way home, I visited an op shop, the council recycling depot and the hardware store.  In the afternoon, I did a bit more work on the wooden bike frame, gluing together some more assemblies.  All for now,

Steve Nurse

Next Post

No comments:

Post a Comment