News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Thursday, April 21, 2016

New Steerer Part 4

Steerer under Construction

All done!  ........
But it's a very wet night in Melbourne and I haven't tried it out yet.
Current trike outside my barber's in Richmond. This is the same one shown in this post but with the front wheel swapped to 26" from the previous 20".
Hi

The steerer on my aluminium trike is nearing completion and all the brakes and the gear changer have been connected up.  I've changed the handlebars around a bit as a trial - this arrangement might be easier for a beginner.  I'm not sure how it'll go as I am fairly rusted on to the arrangement I've had on the handlebars previously.

Regards

Steve Nurse

Update May 22

Not raining this morning so I did a quick blockie on the trike.  Had a bit of a false start, I had neglected to put the chain back on!  Anyway, that small obstacle overcome I was able to ride about a k or 2 using the new steerer system.  It works ok, and as usual, I have noticed things that can be improved.  The new handlebar position is surprisingly quite relaxing.  Regards.  SN

No comments:

Post a Comment