News and Events

Keep up to date with the latest news and events of Modular Bikes.

Friday, December 18, 2015

Hey Joe





Hi

My current work is at Monash Uni Caulfield and I've become a regular at a couple of shops around the place, chatting to the owners and visiting fairly frequently.  These shops include the Indian Takeaway, the op shop and Joe Zolin's Frankencycles electric bike shop.  The other week I bought a video / dvd player (which works) for $7.50 from the op shop and I was stuck without a helmet the other day and bought one for $5.00 from Joe.

Anyway, all good things must pass, and the lease came up and the landlords wanted the Church Charity op shop to sign a 10 year lease.  Most of the volunteers running the op shop couldn't commit to 10 years more volunteering, and so they let the lease go.  And Joe Zolin at Frankencycles who sublets the garage out the back had to go.  Anyway, Joe was happy to move on and had found a new place down the road, more rent for more space.

So anyway one day I was singing and stuck Joe's story into "Hey Joe" by Jimi Hendrix.  And here it is, I am particularly glad to be able to reuse the phrase "old Lady" to mean "old Lady", whereas in Hendrix's song, the "old lady" was a girlfriend or wife, who'd been messin' round town.  But had she not been shot, therefor achieving immortality in Hedrix's song, she would now be the other type of "old lady".  Enough writing now, on with the song lyrics.

Hey Joe,
Where you goin' with that electric bike in your hand?
Hey Joe,
Where you goin' with that electric bike in your hand?
Well I'm going down 1259 Glenhuntley Road
Going to rent a shed from another man.
Hey Joe
Why you movin' from this old shed today?
Hey Joe
Why you movin' from this old shed today?
Well I sublet this one from the ol' op shop ladys and their lease is up so I'm movin' on.
Rent went up and now all of us are gone.
Hey Joe
Well I'm goin to miss you and the op shop too but I will rock round to Glenhuntley to see you anyway.
Any good op shops down there, see you soon one day.

Bye Now,
Apologies to Jimi Hendrix, Good luck Joe and the Op Shop Volunteers.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment